Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Bug!



I'm sitting here watching Bug nap on her monitor...it seems like yesterday I was watching her in the bassinet beside my bed. I remember staring at her for hours just thinking how blessed I was that God allowed me to be her mother. I remember thinking about all of the things that could have happened to her and yet God showed mercy and allowed her to be mine.

My sweet miracle is turning five tomorrow. It breaks my heart in so many ways. It's five years that have gone by in the blink of an eye. Five years of laughter and love. Five years of heartache and hospitals. Five years of lost and regained skills. Five years of joy. Five years that I seriously did not deserve. I often wonder why I got chosen to be the blessed momma of Bug...and I am always reminded that she was the total and complete desire of my heart. I wanted to be a mother so desperately...and God answered my prayers in the form of a 2 lb. 13 oz. miracle.

She is a fighter. She longs to show you your worth in the way that she hugs your neck. She smiles and every single problem just completely melts away. There is nothing like the sound of her sucking her fingers--even if she is five. Knowing that to think of her in anyway other than perfectly and wonderfully made is telling God that He didn't do a very good job, I pray others see just how marvelous that she is. I believe that she is a masterpiece and made in His image. I am so grateful that I was chosen to be this special child's momma. It is a gift I treasure daily.

I wish you the happiest birthday, my sweet Bug. You are one of my greatest treasures and I pray that you know just how deeply you are loved. You truly were MEANT TO BE!

Love,
Momma



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for reminding me of how "Wonderfully Made" my 3 Gifts are & desiring anything different is telling My Perfect God that He made a mistake. I love your heart Kandra, you are a GIFT!!
    Nancy Davis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Would love to hear if you were blessed!

Blog Archive