Thursday, October 4, 2012
JOY
Today I went to a luncheon at my mothers house. Several of her dear friends were there and they all happen to be women that I love as well. It was a win-win day for me...no kiddos, great food and incredible Godly women to sit and laugh with.
I was reminded that there is so much wisdom in my mother and the women of her generation. I was reminded that each one of us is struggling with something in our lives right now...we may not be able to relate to that specific struggle, but we all know pain and we all know sorrow. We are all dealing with something...health issues, our children and their hurting, marriages, familial issues, death of a loved one...we are all going through something or know someone who is.
What I was reminded of today was that we have a choice to choose JOY. It doesn't mean our circumstances will change or that what we are experiencing is joyful...it means that we choose to have JOY. I loved my godmother saying that...we choose JOY.
All of you sweet readers know that my personal struggle is my Bug. I question God all the time in His plan for her sweet life. My mother reminded me after reading in her quiet time, that God could have saved Peter from death on the cross. Peter LOVED Jesus...he taught about Him, spoke about Him...yet it was God's plan for Peter to die on a cross. It served the greater purpose of His Kingdom. When she said that it truly did make sense...God could (and may) choose to heal my Bug. He may not. It matters not...because I want HIS plan and HIS NAME to receive glory from my child's life. The greater purpose may be hard for me...but rewarding in the end.
I am choosing JOY. I am choosing to remain in the presence of a heavenly Father that knows my love for Him and knows my love for my child. I love Christ. I want His plan. I want to continue to walk the hard road...it has the most lessons and the ability to draw me to Him unlike any other road.
I loved this quote on Robin Robert's page today...it hit home.
"I walked a mile with Pleasure, she chatted all the way; but left me none the wiser for all she had to say. I walked a mile with Sorrow, and ne'er a word said she; But, oh, the things I learned from her when sorrow walked with me."
Blessings,
K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love reading your posts. You have such an amazing way with words. Such a blessing. xo.
ReplyDeleteI have already seen God use Bug and the wisdom of her mother many times for His ultimate glory! You inspire me daily!
ReplyDelete