Awake. That's how I feel. I have spent 46 days in a row of being with the Lord first thing in the morning as part of my commitment to Him for 2013. I am awake. Every single morning He is feeding me, loving me, nurturing me, disciplining me...it's an amazing thing...He really does long for relationship with us.
Prior to this decision to commit to Him every single morning of 2013, I felt as if I only got in the Word on days that were hard. If I was handling it okay on my own...what was the point right? Oh, such ignorance. Going through the failed adoption process, for the second time, was an eye opener for me--but can I just tell you that 46 days later--how He loves me and how He has the most amazing plan for me!
Every single morning when I get in His word I am realizing that He's been waiting on me...to wait on Him.
When there is a desire in our hearts that we can't seem to get rid of, we as Christians tell each other to wait on Him for that sweet desire. What I am realizing is that I don't think that's His plan for me. Each morning, He is reminding me that sometimes the desires of my heart aren't what is good for me or my family...or they don't fit into His master plan of glory. Waiting on something that may not be His plan or desire for me is counterproductive. I am to wait on the Lord...not wait for the desire of my heart...wait on the Lord who places desires on my heart.
The thing that all of these verses have in common for me are that we are to wait for Him. We aren't waiting for that desire to be married, that desire to be pregnant, that desire to grow our family, that desire for the amazing job, that desire for healing for our loved one...those are all good things and He hears us when we call out to Him...but for me what He is teaching me each and every morning is that my one true desire should be Christ alone. His plan even if it means chaos and heartache here for this moment. If He is my only desire, then I can wait for Him to show me the plan...not a plan that I have thought of or that I desire...but His ultimate plan.
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. Psalm 62:5
Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 33:20
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. Isaiah 30:18
From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a
God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him. Isaiah 64:4
So many times I hear Psalm 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. I believe we miss the point because we want our plans, we want good things that aren't necessarily wrong and may fall in line with what the Bible tells us to do...but that's missing the point. If we delight ourselves in Him, our feeble desires and dreams will vanish and He will take hold of our hearts and place desires there that we never would have begun to imagine for our futures.
It is my prayer that in my waiting for His beautiful picture to continue to unfold that I revel in His perfect love for me and learn to delight in Him...delight in who He is and not wait for anything other than Jesus to reveal His ultimate glory in my life. That's my hope and desire.
Beautifully written, friend. I love your heart of always seeking him.
ReplyDeleteI too have been getting up every morning at 5 to spend time in the word and He completely fills me up. I know exactly what you are speaking of.
Hugs,
Amy
Amen! Beautiful post and it's so, so true! Thanks for the reminder! :)
ReplyDelete