So many of my posts are about my Bug. But this one goes out to the little chocolate drop I love and adore...my very own in-house comedian! You may not find them comical...but this blog is a record for me to keep of our lives, the good and the bad, for someday my sweet Doo will grow up and leave and I'll long for the days of her being four years old.
A few "Doo-isms":
1. Recently Bug was having a seizure and Doo decided to pray for her (which happens quite often around here) and while I am bias, her prayer was spectacular. "Dear Jesus, Bug is having a seizure. It's a big one. Do your best. Amen." Seriously, she told Jesus to do his best! LOVED it!
2. She had a stomach ache and I asked her if she was hungry or if her tummy was just a little sick. Her response was that she had a "blasted stomach ache". Holding back laughter, I asked what a "blasted" stomach ache was. She said, "like a huge, biggest stomach ache ever." A "blasted" stomach ache.
3. One evening our sweet Doo was about to get in trouble for hurting her sister on purpose (hold your gasp--I know she looks angelic!) She didn't want what was coming to her and her reply (with arms raised and speaking with as much authority as her 4 year old body could) "This will only increase the ploblem (problem)!!" Oi vey...we have a politician on our hands.
4. She likes to come and ask us if we'd like to have a "comperation" about various things. (Love my "conversations" with her! haha)
5. Dinner was almost over and she was playing around and not eating. We told her that when we got up whatever was left on her plate would go to the trash and she'd be really hungry later. (Please note that she'd been at the table for over 30 minutes playing instead of eating.) I was almost finished and she had a funny look on her face, so I asked her what was wrong. "I'm freaking out over here that I won't get to finish my sandwich."
6. She was playing princess this past Saturday and wearing her outfit inside out (her crown on her head and fake hair to boot). Her daddy and I are big teasers so we started calling her Princess Wart and Princess Booger....which she clearly doesn't like! "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. You guys are wrong. Trust me. You just have to trust me on this. Please trust me. I'm not Princess Wart."
7. Bug had been taking meds for a sinus infection and it has been impossible to get her to take it because it is AWFUL! Doo caught what Bug had and therefore needed the same medication. When she swallowed it she proclaimed, "Uhhg, Bug is right. That's guh-stusting." (Disgusting in case you can't read Doo.)
Sweet Doo, thank you for your comic relief you provide amidst very hard days. You are light in our world. We love you, dearly!!! What a gift and treasure God gave us in you, our JOY.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! Would love to hear if you were blessed!